Please note: The NCAEP Jobs Board is open to all current Corporate Member Firms and Government Agencies. If you would like to post a job to the board, please e-mail Kim Hamlin.
Land Acquisition Specialist
We are searching for a Land Acquisition Specialist responsible for engaging with landowners to secure land for environmental restoration projects.
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree or higher in natural resource management, business/economics, real estate, law, or a related discipline.Must have a personal vehicle as the use of it may be required.Resumes may be e-mailed to Natalia Beinenson.
Wildlands Engineering, Inc. is seeking a motivated individual to join our team! Duties of the Environmental Scientist will include performing stream and wetland ecological assessments, geomorphic data collection, wetland delineations, endangered and threatened species surveys, and vegetation inventories and compiling environmental permit applications and technical reports. The Environmental Scientist’s role will involve both field and office work and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced work environment. The Environmental Scientist will also be responsible for monitoring and documenting site conditions and working collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team.
• Perform stream and general ecological assessments
• Collect geomorphic data on existing and restored streams
• Perform vegetation surveys
• Process field data and organize data for annual reports
• Conduct jurisdictional delineations
• Permit preparation and agency coordination
• Effectively communicate and coordinate with team members
• Meet multiple deadlines with a willingness to react positively to changes in priorities
• 3 to 5 years of experience related to the key responsibilities and requirements of the job
• Field monitoring practices including stream geomorphic surveying, vegetation sampling, and/or identifying hydric
• Southeastern native and invasive plant identification skills
• Experience delineating streams and wetlands
• Experience with GPS units, ArcGIS Pro, and/or other ESRI data collection software
• Knowledge of NC SAM, NC WAM, and/or NCDWQ Stream Identification Form
• Technical writing experience
• Experience working with federal and state resource and regulatory agency personnel and various permitting
• Threatened and endangered species survey experience
• Benthic macroinvertebrate collection and analysis experience
• Experience interfacing with landowners and agency officials
• Knowledge of NCDWR Nutrient Offset and Buffer Mitigation Program
• An understanding of ecological processes important to riparian and wetland restoration in the southeastern United
• Ability to frequently walk over rough, uneven surfaces
• Ability to sustain periods of strenuous physical exertion
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
• Ability to work independently in an outdoor setting
• The requirements of the job and the physical demands are performed in outdoor weather conditions with frequent
exposure to wet/humid conditions and extreme heat or cold. Other adverse factors may include exposure to ticks
and poison ivy.
PLEASE SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Email (preferred method): firstname.lastname@example.org; subject line: Environmental Scientist
Fax: (704) 332-3306
Mailing Address: Wildlands Engineering, 312 W Millbrook Rd. #225, Raleigh, NC 27607
The cover letter should identify previous work experience, why you are interested in this position, your approximate
available start date, and any other information that you feel is important. Please be prepared to provide contact
information for three references, if requested.
City of Charlotte
Senior Water Resources Engineer
This position is part of the Watershed Planning and Project Implementation group within the Surface Water Quality and Environmental Permitting team within the Regulatory Division of Charlotte Storm Water Services. This group is responsible for planning and implementation of new surface water quality improvement projects (i.e. stream and wetland restoration/enhancement and stormwater control measures (SCMs)). This position serves as the primarily technical expert in developing new projects, as well as assessing and developing repair plans for existing projects. Additionally, this position develops project ranking and prioritization processes and manages associated budgets.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Anyone seeking an accommodation to apply for a job may call (704) 336-2285 for assistance or you may email questions to CityHrJobPostingsNotify@ci.charlotte.nc.us
Previous Job Openings are available on our Archived Job Postings page.